The Universidad de Montevideo was born international. Since its inception, scholars across the world have come to teach and deliver innovative programs while providing new insights to Uruguayan education.
In 1991, the University signed the first international partnership. Today it has agreements with first class universities worldwide.
The Universidad de Montevideo seeks to be a leader in international education. It is committed to developing global citizens and leaders and to promoting research to increase the worldwide understanding of Latin America.
Five core strategies define the Universidad de Montevideo’s approach to achieving this vision:
- Attract and retain international professors and students
- Deepen existing partnerships and develop agreements
- Extend and broaden the University´s international visibility
- Promote and increase research in strategic areas
- Build on-campus capacity to support collaboration