Courses in English
The Universidad de Montevideo offers courses taught in English within several of the University's Schools.
The US Law Program comprises the following courses:
- Introduction to the American Legal System
- Basic Guidelines on Contracts & Torts
- International Trade Contracts
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Resolving International Business Disputes by Arbitration
- Securities and Capital Markets Regulation: Introduction too Financial and Legal Considerations.
- Legal Writing & Analysis
School of Business Administration & Economics
The International Business Semester is taught each August-December semester. An essential part of the International Business Degree, international students join Uruguayan students in taking a multicultural look at business in Latin America.
- Latin American Economics
- Doing Business in Latin America
- Latin American History and Culture
- International Business Finance
- Comparative Legal Systems
- Managing Multicultural Diversity
- Social Service Seminar
Please consult the International Business Semester brochure to see which classes will be offered in 2013.
School of Engineering
The School of Engineering offers the following courses.
- Global Supply Networks Program
- Organizacional Design
- Change Management
School of Humanities
The Degree in Translation & Interpretation trains students with high functional levels of Spanish and English to became professional translators over four years of undergraduate studies. This degree program contains courses on the culture of English-speaking countries, on Academic Writing in English, as well as on the structure and grammar of the English language.
- Cultural Studies I
- Cultural Studies II
- Cultural Studies III
- Cultural Studies IV
The Degree in Translation & Interpretation has restricted enrollment; please consult the Office of International Affairs to determine which courses are eligible for International Student enrollment.
For further information about course descriptions, please consult the UM Academic Catalog.